jami

Re: [Ring] recover PIN

From: Simon Désaulniers
Subject: Re: [Ring] recover PIN
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 14:31:10 -0500

Greetings Pedro,

(i)

> I installed the app on Android, defined an username "PedroSilva" and a
> password but didn't save the pin.

(ii)

> Later on, the app started to ask me again to login or create an account.

Have you performed steps (i) and (ii) on a same device ? In between step (i) and
step (ii), have you uninstalled the app ?

> I cannot login anymore because I don't know the PIN and there is no
> option to login with the username/password.

It sems you are using a new device and you are trying to *link* it to your
existing account.

> but didn't save the pin.

The PIN is always random and is generated each time you want to link a new
device to your account. Therefor, you never have to save the PIN for later use.

> So my question is: how or where do I recover the PIN using the username
> and password?

To link a new device to your account, you *need* another device having access to
the internet which will generate the PIN for the second device. You then use
that PIN in pair with your password on the second device to complete the
process.

Regards,

--
Simon Désaulniers