jami

[Ring] GSoC Houmin

From: Houmin
Subject: [Ring] GSoC Houmin
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 23:45:05 +0800

Hi all,
I am Houmin from Peking University of China (You can found me on IRC with the name Houmin)
Thanks Ring community to accept my proposal of GSoC 2017. I am honored to be part of you.
I will work for GNU on Ring this summer in Beijing, which is in UTC+8 h timezone.

Ring is not only a communication tool but also a building block for IoT project.

My job is to Create a C++ plugin for Ring to realize remote control by messaging.

I will accomplish the job by 2 parts
- read the coming message and try to parse it
- detect keyword and use Ring API to realize remote control

You can find my proposal here for more information.

I am looking forward to this summer and feel great to work with you.

Houmin