jami

[Ring] updating Ring, can't log in

From: Daniel Pocock
Subject: [Ring] updating Ring, can't log in
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 16:39:16 +0100

I installed the Ring package on Debian quite some time ago in 2016.

This week I took the latest package from unstable, compiled it on a
system running stretch and installed it.  Version 20170720.2.5bf0a65~dfsg1-1

When I start it, I see a window that says "Account migration required"

The "RingID:" field is blank.

I don't remember setting any password but it won't let me proceed
without typing a password.

Also, I don't have any friends added to that Ring account, it was just a
test - I would like to remove that account on the Debian system and make
it use the RingID currently working on my Android device.

On the Android device, I have Ring from F-Droid, version 20170215