jami

Re: [Ring] How can i save my account on Android?

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: [Ring] How can i save my account on Android?
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 16:07:04 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

----- Original Message -----

The easiest way would be to sync your account with another device. This will
effectively encrypt your account data with your password and a temporary nip
and sync it over the DHT to your second device.

Once your account is synced to your second device, you should be safe to
uninstall Ring on your Android device (effectively wiping your account on that
device), reinstall and then redo the (re)sync your account back in.

Otherwise, there are ways to backup the application data using ADB or some
backup apps (which typically require root), but these options are not as simple
as the device syncing mechanism built in Ring.

Maxim