jami

Re: [Ring] Ring installation packages for Debian 8

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: [Ring] Ring installation packages for Debian 8
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 10:39:23 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

----- Original Message -----

I'm sorry to inform you that we do not support Debian 8 anymore. For the time
being[0], you have to build from sources as explained here:
https://tuleap.ring.cx/plugins/mediawiki/wiki/ring/index.php?title=Build_Instructions.

You might have to adapt the list of package dependencies in the
DEBIAN_DEPENDENCIES variable of the in make-ring.py script, which is a helper
to build from sources.

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have in the process.

Maxim

[0]  Alternatively, having it packaged for GNU Guix
(https://www.gnu.org/s/guix/) would enable deployments on any GNU/Linux systems
-- something I'll attempt tackling this year on my free time.