jami

Re: [Ring] Please OpenSUSE to Was: Ring installation packages for Debian

From: bill-auger
Subject: Re: [Ring] Please OpenSUSE to Was: Ring installation packages for Debian 8
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 17:23:27 -0500

On 01/17/2018 12:18 PM, Klaus Vink Slott wrote:
> I guess szotsaki currently have enough struggle in getting it working
> for OpenSUSE, - may be more responsive if/when that is working.

that was the situation a year ago but since then a link to that OBS repo
on the ring website which led me to believe that the opensuse packages
were usable

On 01/17/2018 12:18 PM, Klaus Vink Slott wrote:
> That said, it seems that only one package - the ring-daemon is
currently available.

the problem i see is that the links on the ring website are not pointing
to the proper URLs - they point to the development interface which is
not at all useful to users - they should instead be directing users to
the package repo pages:

*
https://software.opensuse.org//download.html?project=home%3Aszotsaki&package=ring-daemon
*
https://software.opensuse.org//download.html?project=home%3Aszotsaki&package=libringclient1_0_0
*
https://software.opensuse.org//download.html?project=home%3Aszotsaki&package=ring-client-gnome

looking at these, they are all very recent versions - are you sure these
ring package are not installable or usable on opensuse? if so then those
links should probably be removed