jami

Re: [Ring] Stability and communication issues with ring-gnome 20180201.1

From: Nathan Royce
Subject: Re: [Ring] Stability and communication issues with ring-gnome 20180201.1.1c179b2
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 12:07:06 -0600

Hey Baptiste, thanks for maintaining the arch package.

What was suggested to me before was to run dring with --console and
--debug. With that, I was able to find a certificate problem that
caused messages to be dropped.

HOWEVER, I do still experience messages not arriving/sending and
sometimes arriving an hour later. And that has been a loooong ongoing
issue for months that just won't be recognized. Even the KDE client
dev experienced it and I think an opendht dev chatted with us in IRC
and sounds like the issue was just going to be tossed off to the side
(really torqued off the 2 of us).
I don't even see the KDE client dev's name (elv13) in IRC chat
anymore. Don't know if it relates to KDE essentially being kicked out
of the car.

I can't test it anymore since the app for android 4.4 broke again
(which I posted about, but still no reply).

I still contend this program is nowhere near 1.0 in terms of
functionality/stability (based on my nearly unusable experience).

Man, they really want people to use their tuleap, even though you
provide them with the info in the ML. I never will.