jami

Re: [Ring] Idea/Question: Refactoring your development

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: [Ring] Idea/Question: Refactoring your development
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 15:16:25 -0500 (EST)

Hello Anna!

----- Original Message -----

Cool!

> Unfortunately, Tuleap seems too chaotic and incomprehensible to me as an
> outsider. User stories, milestones and tasks are sometimes several years old
> and there is no roadmap or prioritization to identify them.

The only features of Tuleap currently actively used are the Wiki (see:
https://tuleap.ring.cx/plugins/mediawiki/wiki/ring/index.php?title=Main_Page)
the Bugs (see: https://tuleap.ring.cx/plugins/tracker/?tracker=15) and
Enhancements (see: https://tuleap.ring.cx/plugins/tracker/?tracker=17) trackers.

> In addition, the
> fourfold solution with Tuleap, Gerrit, Transifex and GitHub further enhances
> this chaos of development (for people from outside) of your actually great
> product.
> For example, a self-hosted instance of GitLab would be a very modern way of
> managing the entire production and review and translation process of software
> such as Ring under one roof.
> What do you think?
> Best regards

I agree the system is complex and heterogeneous. I'll try to bring your ideas
into a discussion with the core Ring developers. It is on our roadmap to
discuss how to improve the community aspects of Ring.

Thank you for sharing your ideas about Ring!

Maxim