jami

[Ring] access Ring account without PIN

From: Pierre Louis
Subject: [Ring] access Ring account without PIN
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 11:37:27 +0100

Dear Ring community

I had to reinstall the Ring app on my Android phone (via f-droid). I was not able to generate a PIN to add a new device (and this is technically not a new device). Unfortunately, I cannot link my existing account to the application anymore, without having the PIN. I did not install ring on any other device, so I cannot generate the PIN number from anywhere else.

Is there a way to solve this problem other than create another account?
Technically, why is the PIN code needed rather than a simple login/password authentication method?

Thank you very much for your help
Pierre Louis