rule-list

[Rule-list] About your article

From: Marco Fioretti
Subject: [Rule-list] About your article
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 11:03:57 +0100

Dear sirs,

I just read your article about software donations to South African schools:

(http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=13&art_id=ct20020208212507770G320799)

Software can come at no cost in many ways, either through donations, or
because it is freely available thanks to its license. Hardware, on the
other hand, cannot be free, at least the highly performing type
required to run the products mentioned in the article.

In many cases, those same products even offer much more than actually
needed for educational use, so the overall cost for schools can become
unnecessarily high.

In similar cases, solutions which give all the really needed
functionality at the lowest possible hardware cost should be
recommended.

An example of such solutions is the RULE project, targeted precisely
at schools with low budgets. Its temporary home page is at:

        http://spazioweb.inwind.it/marco_web/

If you need any further explanation, please contact me.

        Best Regards,

                        Marco Fioretti

                        RULE project leader