rule-list

[Rule-list] package list

From: Viorel Anghel
Subject: [Rule-list] package list
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 18:15:06 +0200

Hi all

I'm very interested about RULE project and I want to share some
ideeas/opinions (about package list):

1. i think that it's a good thing to have choices, not too many, but
important ones
        1a. mutt it's ok (in fact i'm using mutt), but i'll put also pine on the
list, seems to be much easier for beginners
        1b. text webbrowser - don't make any random choice and let'em all in
distribution: wget, lynx, links, w3c
        1c. text processing: i suggest adding joe (and aventually jed instead of
emacs)

2. pppd chat scripts might be ok (slackware's pppconfig), but i think wvdial
it's much easier to use

(more to come ;-)

--
        ___