rule-list

[Rule-list] Things to put in the install to do list

From: Marco Fioretti
Subject: [Rule-list] Things to put in the install to do list
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 00:04:54 +0100

Hello

just a couple of things to write down before I forget them. In due
time we can discuss whether they make sense or not, and how to deal
with them. Right now it's just to have Chuck and Benoit plan for them
if needed, and everybody else suggestions, of course

1) Is anything in what we are doing with the install (especially base
package selection) that could prevent installing *from* a
RULE-modified Red Hat PC? We want this virus to spread fast, don't we?

2) It must be possible (and be tested) the install with monochrome monitor
   Just saw this on the anaconda devel list:
> Hi,
> How can I change the default text mode  installation color ( blue
> and
> red) in anaconda source code ?
> I want the back ground color tobe say white...

and the solution suggested is:

Modify snack (python module for newt) to have an interface to the
newtSetColors() function, then modify the anaconda source to use that
function.

In other words, it would take a bit of work.. modifying both the newt
and anaconda packages.  (or just the newt package if you want the
default color scheme to be changed for every newt program on your
system)

        Ciao,
                Marco Fioretti
                RULE project leader

--
If you want to be worshipped, go to India and moo.     -The Quiz Show