rule-list

[Rule-list] download directory

From: Chuck Moss
Subject: [Rule-list] download directory
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 00:35:14 -0500

FYI, developers can upload files to the savannah download area using scp or
rsync.  It will work using the same ssh keys you are using for cvs.

Examples from the website need :
scp distribution.tar.gz address@hidden:/upload/rule/
rsync --rsh=ssh distribution.tar.gz address@hidden:/upload/rule/

These will then be available at:
http://freesoftware.fsf.org/download/rule/

To get both cvs and file upload to work I needed to add the following lines
to my ~/.ssh/config file.

Host subversions.gnu.org
        user mossc
        Protocol 1
        IdentityFile ~/.ssh/id.rule
        ForwardX11 no
Host freesoftware.fsf.org
        user mossc
        Protocol 1
        IdentityFile ~/.ssh/id.rule
        ForwardX11 no

I suggest we start doing that so there is a central place to find test
files etc.  Not sure what the file size limit is.  Don't know if we want
to put ISOs up there or just stick to compiled binaries and floppy images.

BTW, the upload site only allows scp and rsync so I think the only way to
delete files is with rsync.  Be careful with this as we move forward.  We
don't want to accidently remove the whole download tree.

Chuck