rule-list

[Rule-list] small utility disk

From: hairylarry
Subject: [Rule-list] small utility disk
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 20:21:53 -0600

Hi,

I use a dos boot disk that has fdisk, format, mem, scandisk, and a
text editor. I would be very interested in a linux disk with the same
type of functionality. Maybe even additional diagnostics or at least
hardware reporting.

This is an ideal companion to any rule install. Use this disk to boot
and check basic system functionality. Then install rule.

Is it possible to boot from a floppy and then mount a cd reader? This
would be good if the cd reader didn't boot. I do think a utility boot
disk needs to be rolled into rule.

Is there anything I could do to help? Do you plan on posting a disk
img of this disk?

Thanks,

Hairy Larry