rule-list

Re: [Rule-list] Another criterium for evaluating browsers

From: Marco Fioretti
Subject: Re: [Rule-list] Another criterium for evaluating browsers
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 13:18:49 +0100

> Marco,
>
>   This is your article? *grin*...

Yes it is... it came out of a request from LJ editor last december, and
while writing it, and playing with mozilla, I came to think that this (and
bookmarklets) would be a  general, wonderful way to add just about
any functionality to a browser without making it very heavy.

For our purposes, adding it to a browser requiring KDE doesn't make that
much sense, but patching dillo ( I already suggested this to its author)
or netraider to do it would really be very useful. If you are going to
play with netraider source code to do this, please look at this URL,
which explains the current relevant standards.

http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/desktop-entry-spec/desktop-entry-spec.html

        Ciao,
                Marco Fioretti
                RULE project leader