rule-list

[Rule-list] Another post at Linux Journal

From: hairylarry
Subject: [Rule-list] Another post at Linux Journal
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:45:56 -0600

Hi,

After I read Marcus's article I scrolled down and found this post.

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=5886&mode=thread&order=0

Linux Optimization And Fine Tuning

Many good tips in the article. Some bad tips too. More in the comments.

He lists four small window managers.

Window Maker
IceWm
Blackbox
Amiwm

also in the comments

fluxbox

Many of the comments started, "Unless you're running a 486 with 16 meg
that won't help." Wait! I am running a 486 with 16 meg.

He starts the post with,

  I am sure almost all users of the Linux OS have heard or read,
  at one time or other, how Linux can and is being run on old 486s
  with just 16MB of RAM. And if you are (un)lucky enough to know
  some Linux guru, he would surely have boasted of this fact
  (and probably more than once).

That's what we're doing at RULE. Keeping legends alive. (boast boast)

Thanks,

Hairy Larry