rule-list

[Rule-list] About Red Hat next beta

From: Marco Fioretti
Subject: [Rule-list] About Red Hat next beta
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 00:23:09 +0100

Hello,

I've started to see around (unofficial) announces of a next RH beta
named skipjack.

This doesn't touch us directly now, because we have already too much
to do to RULE-ize enigma, and also want stability, right? (Myself,
I've made almost a dogma to only use RH x.2 releases since 5.2, but I
might be wrong). I am mentioning this issue here, however, because:

1) Let's report to the list any *fact* we come to know about it that
   may be useful to us, like which compiler it uses, which packages
   disappear from, or enter, the distribution, changes in anaconda
   w.r.t the one miniconda and slinky came from, possible
   incompatibilities with new system libraries...

2) We still want this to be merged in official RH some day, right?
   (so that somebody *else* maintains it, and we do something new, of
   course ;-)). Hence, let's watch out for any change that may make
   this goal harder to reach.

        Ciao,
                Marco Fioretti

--
According to one popular definition, craziness is doing the same thing
over and over but expecting different results.