rule-list

Re:[Rule-list] Test pc request form

From: Rodolfo J. Paiz
Subject: Re:[Rule-list] Test pc request form
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 22:11:52 -0600

At 3/19/2002 03:50 PM +0100, you wrote:
> Hello All
>
> > There is a test PC request form which I will mail you in private ....
> I never got one. Why not put it on the website?

Because it's on my todo list which I'm never going to finish... :-(

How many PC's are we using for testing so far? That form does not look like the most flexible thing I've ever seen. If <50, and if all agree, I can clean up that form and make it easier for a machine to parse, so that it can be emailed, posted on a website, or whatever then easily converted to database input. This will give us much easier access to data about who's doing what and what resources the project has.

Note that by database I mean anything as simple as Excel spreadsheets or parseable (parsable? sp?) text files. First make it work, then make it better.

Good idea? I'll be happy to start on that if whoever currently owns that form agrees, but I don't want to step on toes or duplicate work. Not good.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
address@hidden