rule-list

[Rule-list] install disk idea

From: Eugene Wong
Subject: [Rule-list] install disk idea
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 01:15:48 -0700

Hi again.

How hard would it be to have a program/script that creates a custom install disk? It would be good if we could ask these questions ahead of time and have it saved in a config file; almost like compiling a kernel.

Also, Michael, would you be willing to add a mount point to /etc/fstab for the Slinky disk? There is already one for when people reboot into an installed system, but not for when they first boot up.

I've found the following to be successful:

/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto defaults 0 0

Sincerely, and with thanks,
Eugene T.S. Wong