rule-list

Re: [Rule-list] How do I convert .iso image?

From: Jason Roysdon
Subject: Re: [Rule-list] How do I convert .iso image?
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 19:39:07 +0000

From: Marco Fioretti <address@hidden>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 19:23:07 +0200

On Wed, May 08, 2002 16:14:38 at 04:14:38PM +0000, address@hidden wrote:
> How do I convert a downloaded .iso image into exacutable files?
> Such as the redhat .iso images at their ftp site.
> jim

Jim,

I'm not sure I understand what you need. Saying executable, do you
mean "cdrom one can boot from"?

        Ciao,
                Marco Fioretti
                RULE project leader

You can either burn them direct to CD (they are the actual ISO9960 images from a CD) which most CD-R/RW writing software natively support, or you can mount them and not need to burn a CD:

mkdir /mnt/rh73-d1
mount -t iso9660 -o loop valhalla-i386-disc1.iso /mnt/rh73-d1

Speaking of RedHat 7.3 ISOs (which you may not have been, but I haven't had time to read the list at all lately), I've got them available if you're still having a hard time getting access to the mirrors:

ftp://synux.synovation.com/pub/redhat/linux/7.3/en/iso/ (2.3mbit connection)

ftp://artoo.net/pub/redhat/linux/7.3/en/iso/ (T1 to Sprint & T1 to UUNET, but you'll only get 1.5mbit max)

I installed Valhalla last night with no problems on my fully up2date RH7.2 server install at home.

Jason Roysdon, CCDP/CCNP:Security, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+
Public email : address@hidden
Homepage     : http://jason.roysdon.net/

PS: Don't use a subject like that looks like spam, as your message will end up in my junk filter and never be read.