rule-list

[Rule-list] netdate

From: Marco Fioretti
Subject: [Rule-list] netdate
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 05:39:14 +0200

netdate sounds really interesting.
Where does it come from? Does it exists in rpm form?

        Ciao,
                Marco Fioretti

----- Forwarded message from chris clark <address@hidden> -----

I've also modified:
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-post

to include the following:
/usr/sbin/netdate -v tick.usno.navy.mil tock.usno.navy.mil
/sbin/clock -w

IP=`/sbin/ifconfig ppp0 | grep inet | cut -d ":" -f2 | cut -d " " -f1`
echo $DEVICE up IP $IP `date +"at %H:%M:%S %Z day %j of %Y
%s"`>>/var/log/ppplog

netdate is only about 10k and it's nice to know my machine always has the
correct time.

--
We have to pursue this subject of fun very seriously if we
want to stay competitive in the 21st century. -George Yeo,