rule-list

Re: [Rule-list] Installing RPM without docs

From: Marco Fioretti
Subject: Re: [Rule-list] Installing RPM without docs
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 05:13:54 +0200

On Wed, May 29, 2002 22:43:34 at 10:43:34PM -0400, Michael Fratoni wrote:
> > Michael, do you think it is possible to:
> >
> >     ask the user if docs are wanted at the beginning of install,
> >
> >     and always run rpm with that option if the answer is No?
>
> For the slinky installer, easily done. (And I like the idea.)
> It would only require the addition of a few lines to the scripts.
>
> For miniconda, probably, but it would require some hacking.
> I'll have to look into it.

OK. We have also to keep in mind that this should coexist with the
post install script we are planning to run, to remove unneeded files
(which only *sometimes* are docs). Those scripts should not abort or
complain trying to remove dirs/files never installed, and *not* remove
docs (without asking) if the user said "keep them".

        Ciao,
                Marco Fioretti

--
Reality is an illusion - perception is what counts.