rule-list

Re: [RULE] FWD: Re: [Rule-list] The RULE submission page is UP!

From: Martin Stricker
Subject: Re: [RULE] FWD: Re: [Rule-list] The RULE submission page is UP!
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 23:10:22 +0100

Marco Fioretti wrote:

> Sorry if you already got this, but since it didn't show up in the
> archives I'm sending it again...

Nope, I didn't get it before. Weird...

My comments are in the dummy database entries, because I was at work.
Feel free to post them to the list if you like, I don't remember them
now...

Oh, here they are, send via e-mail by your nice script. Thanks, Marco!

Some comments: What does \"Graphic Servers\" mean? X server?
Please add a category \"other\".
I\'m wondering if the special characters in Dependencies go through...
Maybe some fill-in instruction would be nice for this one. Like
\"Please insert one packega per line, version separated with a blank.
Example: dummypackage >=1.2.9

Comments after submitting dummy-0.0.1:

Yeah, the special characters in Dependencies went through. Not good,
right?
Also the 0 values for disk usage and RAM usage don\'t make much sense
(except, maybe, for tips, here a negative usage might be in order to
reflect savings, I\'ll test with -12 in both fields).
On the confirmation page, my quotation is preceded by a \\ backslash.
While this is necessary in the SQL statement (except when using bind
parameters, but I don\'t know if MySQL and PHP support these), they
should *not* be stored in the database, because they would be shown on
the confirmation page and whenever the record will be shown.
On the confirmation page I miss a link \"Change this entry\" so I can
correct proof-reading mistakes.
Also I miss a link (should be both above and below my confirmed entry)
to enter a new package (this new form should remember my name and e-mail
address!). I had to use the back button of my browser, giving me the
last submission again...

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Linux Migration Project: http://www.linux-migration.org/