rule-list

RE: [RULE] Sell RULE computers on ebay?

From: Eugene Wong
Subject: RE: [RULE] Sell RULE computers on ebay?
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 17:20:40 -0800

From: "Josh Miller" <address@hidden>

What about digging up old computers, installing RULE, and donating them or
selling at a nominal price to the target audience, people who can't afford
computers in the first place.
<snip>

Why give it away for free? Why not sell it to someone who is waiting in line to pay for it? If they can't afford it, because they haven't got a job, then they should have enough free time to go join mailing lists & read the same poor manuals that we do.

I'm just trying to find a way for open source advocates to make money. Why must everything be free?

Sincerely, and with thanks,
Eugene T.S. Wong