rule-list

Re: [RULE] Slinky worked!

From: Eugene Wong
Subject: Re: [RULE] Slinky worked!
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 11:42:02 -0800

From: Michael Fratoni <address@hidden>

<snip>
(You have to enable the fb device at boot time.)
<snip>

Hi, Michael.

I tried enabling fb @ boot time with vga=788. If I understand correctly, it is compiled in my kernel. What should I expect to see? I noticed that as soon as the kernel appears to load, the screen blanks out as if a screen saver is running. I tried to read /usr/src/linux/Documents on the fb device, but I'm not sure that I understood it.

Sincerely, and with thanks,
Eugene T.S. Wong

Help STOP SPAM: Try the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail