rule-list

RE: [RULE] User-Shutdown from the iceWM-GUI or with a script/command

From: Eugene Wong
Subject: RE: [RULE] User-Shutdown from the iceWM-GUI or with a script/command
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 09:42:00 -0700

Hi.

I recommend that you guys take a look @ /etc/inittab. This file seems to suit me very well. In my copy, there are a couple of lines like these:

# What to do at the "Three Finger Salute".
ca:12345:ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -h now

Your file should have "-r" instead. I have to replace "-r" with "-h" every time I install a new Linux distribution. With that, you won't even need to be a user or root. I think that you need to reboot to see the proper effects.

Sincerely, & with thanks,
Eugene T.S. Wong