rule-list

[RULE] Re: Printing Support w/ Slinky 0.3.95

From: Ingo Lantschner
Subject: [RULE] Re: Printing Support w/ Slinky 0.3.95
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 21:33:03 +0200

> I don't know of any way around it. perl is required by many other tools as
> well.
> I've added the above packages to the printing package list.
ok, thanks!

> Did the page print? How is this printer connected (usb, parallell port)?
No it did not print - neither the A4-postscript nor the ASCII-page. The
printer is connected via the parallel interface (centronics).

> Char-major-188 is for USB serial converters.
strange, possibly this errormessage has nothing to do with the problem.
Is there somewhere an other more printer-specific logfile where I can
look?

Also I can not print out of Abiword (and possibly other X-Apps) since I
can not select the created printer. Is this by design? Would an
extra-step be necessary to see a "redhat-config-printer"-created printer
in X-Progs?

Bye, Ingo.

Ingo Lantschner

        Verein zur Unterstuetzung von Menschen