rule-list

[RULE] avoiding non-gui

From: Richard Kweskin
Subject: [RULE] avoiding non-gui
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:30:50 +0300

Hello all

Not trying to start a flame :)

Most of my GNU/Linux learning and working is on the command line.

So, why? If showing non-enthusiasts that this can be useful to them
is the point, then I believe the gui apps, if they can be made to work
quickly enough, are the only hope I know.

Alternatively, ncurses and other inventive ideas that run on "challenged"
hardware look less good and make "the sell" harder (if only psychologically.)

Richard