rule-list

Re: [RULE] What I did on my Summer vacation...

From: Eugene Wong
Subject: Re: [RULE] What I did on my Summer vacation...
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 09:04:20 -0700

From: Michael Fratoni <address@hidden>
<snip>
I've been building the TinyX packages as a subpackage of Xfree86, which
means rebuilding all of XFree86 just to make a small change in TinyX. On
a slow machine, this can take several hours.

I've now managed to create a source rpm that builds just TinyX. (Even on
an i586, this takes less than 15 minutes)
<snip>

Hi Michael.

I hope the vacation went well with you.

Would you be able to give a brief explanation as to how you managed to build only TinyX? I'm not sure that I follow. I've built older versions [4.2.* or something like that] of TinyX, but I don't understand how you could only build "some of this" & "none of that".

You never cease to amaze me, as to what can done with the various sources.

Sincerely, & with thanks,
Eugene T.S. Wong