rule-list

[RULE] IDE port address....

From: Harold Tuchel
Subject: [RULE] IDE port address....
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 20:49:10 -0500

  Could someone be kind enough to tell me what the common port addresses are
for
the first IDE card, and the secondary IDE card    as in xxx,xxx .. I am  having
trouble
booting to an IDE controller that is not Bios controlled, cannot find anywhere
on the
web information about primary and secondary IDE addresses. If I can determine
what address the beast is at I can use one of the boot programs to try to boot
from
the CDROM.   (I haven't had a lot of success with RULE (sorry...probably my
problem)..so I want to try a CDROM boot from a two set Redhat publishers
version.

  Machine is older 486 ...bios choices are boot c:  or boot a:    Drive is 170
meg

Someday...I too shall run Linux  (perhaps not on the 486 first...may have to
find a
used pentium)
  Thanx

  Harold