rule-list

[RULE] Re: mounting and unmounting-script

From: Ingo Lantschner
Subject: [RULE] Re: mounting and unmounting-script
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 17:29:10 +0200

Hi Jason,

Mandrake comes with supermount and I use it
regularly and it's never caused me a problem.
ok, thanks for this information - I never patched a kernel yet, and I think I will wait a bit, if we really need this.

As for MToolsFM, it doesn't strike me as a
particularly suitable filemanager.  I know it has
the two-paned look and allows you to browse a
filesystem and transfer file between panes, but
that's it.
Well, you are somehow an adminstrator or at least a very, very educated user. The customized Slinky we develop is targeted to people who are happy to use a PC for writing at text, saving it on a floppy and take it with them. So for them MToolsFM is *exactly* what they need - thanks again for this valuable tip. Anyhow, we provide the possibility to add mc, which is then for the adminstrators who should not be confused by the many options and commands mc gives them.

And what is this zip-functionality
you mention?  I wasn't aware of this?
The "Utility"-menu of MToolsFM has commands for zip and unzip beside of tar, bzip2, ... and even split.

I'm not sure about usability, but for a small,
fast, GUI filemanager I'd recommend ROX-Filer
<http://rox.sourceforge.net/>.  Was it you who
said this didn't meet your requirements for some
reason?  Es hat sogar Dokumentation auf Deutsch!
It was just to complex to install, many dependencies and different files. Honestly I think in this moment my knowledge with scripting is not enough to solve this.

Bye, Ingo.