rule-list

Website testing server (Was: Re: [RULE] Call to arms and requirements fo

From: C David Rigby
Subject: Website testing server (Was: Re: [RULE] Call to arms and requirements for the website)
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 10:34:49 +0100

Greetings all,

Predictably, it took longer than I thought it would, but I finally have a server in place for us to experiment with CMS's or other designs for a new website.

The details are on the server's homepage at http://rule-test.homelinux.org/. Please write to me with any questions/comments, and copy to this list so that we can coordinate the effort. My intention is to give an account to anyone from the RULE project that would like to work on a design, so each person can work individually, in teams, whatever. PHP is installed and working, MySQL is installed, but not yet activated.

For myself, I am going to try to finish setup over the next few days, with activation of MySQL and creating a backup system taking 1st priority, and setting up traffic shaping on the firewall to improve performance being the 2nd most needed activity. However, I am entering a busy period or the next few days, so please bear with me if it takes me a bit of time to get it organized or to activate an account for you.

Thanks
C David Rigby