rule-list

[RULE] LTSP on RULE

From: Ingo L.
Subject: [RULE] LTSP on RULE
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 18:05:32 -0400

Hi friends,
just wanted to inform you that additional to the 5 schools in Kinshasa, who run completly on RULE, we have now an Internetcafe here, which runs with LTS-Terminals. The LTS-Server is again a rulefied PC, in detail a Pentium 2/350 MHz with 256 MB RAM, Adaptect 2940 and 4 GB HD. This machine serves up to 15 Clients; presently we have not stresstested it, so we can not say, if it really will work, but first tests with 10 Clients show that it can be done.

Again thanks to the many who contributed to RULE, we would not be here without you.

Regards, Ingo.

P.S. There will come a stricktly technical documentation describing step by step to set up a LTSP-Server on Slinky-Systems. Please be paitient, I would like to see this done by the local maintainers, and so it can take its time.