rule-list

Re: [RULE] Xircom NIC: xirc2ps_cs.o doesn't load.

From: C David Rigby
Subject: Re: [RULE] Xircom NIC: xirc2ps_cs.o doesn't load.
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 16:02:56 +0200

Hello all,

Gabriel, I assume that you are writing from two email adresses. Sorry that it has taken me so long to respond on this. My wife fell and broke her leg today while we were hiking, so I am a bit distracted.

Earlier, I noted that I had peformed this task, but I realized that my notes were rather dated (slinky v0.3.6). The machine in question is named runaway on the website. As soon as things calm down a bit here, I will haul it out and confirm a step-by-step for the installation via NIC & with the newer slinky v0.3.97. Gabriel, do you have an ftp, http or NFS server which can provide the packages? Note that public servers do exist, and I have gotten that to work before.

BTW, my understanding of the way the slinky installer works is that it installs specific versions of the RPMs based on the set of RPMs (the abreviation for RedHat Package Manager packages) on the install CDs. So, until I or someone else can update the package lists usd by the installer, it probably is not possible to install FC2 using slinky v0.3.96.

However, it should be possible to use v0.3.96 to install RH9, then upgrade to FC2. Though I cannot tell you how to do that without some experimentation.

CDR

Marco Fioretti wrote:
Upon your suggestion, I'm trying a network install.
However, I can't get the PCMCIA NIC to work. When
/scripts/pcmcia.sh gets to ln 96,  here's what happens:

$/sbin/insmod $PC/xirc2ps_cs.o

Gabriel,

I have *no* idea if this is even remotely related to your
problem, but have you checked the last week or so of
the fedora-list archives?
Other people were having problems with the PCMCIA
setup, and then found a solution (which I obviously
don't remember, and have no web access now, sorry...)

HTH,
Marco F.