savannah-dev

Re: [Savannah-dev] DNS backend

From: Guillaume Morin
Subject: Re: [Savannah-dev] DNS backend
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 14:00:04 +0100

Hi folks,

Dans un message du 26 nov à  1:00, Guillaume Morin écrivait :
> The only little concern I have with dynamic updating is the ttl
> argument. We have to provide a TTL for CNAME and we don't want since
> they are supposed to stay forever.

I was mistaken. The TTL is not the time to live of the entry in the zone
but the same as SOA one. Therefore, this is not an issue anymore.

Good news is that Net::DNS 0.19 supports TSIG. But it is still tagged as
"development" release. However, on the author's website you can read
that this version has passed all regression tests and should become
stable soon (last update of the page was last february :-)

Anyway, I've packaged Net::DNS 0.19 for Debian and asked the author if
this version is "usable" or not. Still no answer...

--
Guillaume Morin <address@hidden>

           C'est étrange comme on est poli. Tu as oublié nos orages.
          C'est vrai qu'elle est jolie. La nuit, as-tu la même râge ?
                                    (Cornu)