savannah-dev

[Savannah-dev] [Bug #1288] spamassassin configuration on Japanese

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [Bug #1288] spamassassin configuration on Japanese
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 20:11:19 -0400

=================== BUG #1288: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=1288&group_id=11

Changes by: Paul Fisher <address@hidden>
Date: 2002-Oct-03 20:11 (US/Eastern)

SpamAssassin on mail.gnu.org (which handles mail.freesoftware.fsf.org) has been
upgraded from 2.31 to 2.41.  We are using all the default tests and scores.

If a messages is flagged as spam by SpamAssassin, a TMDA confirmation process
is issued if the sender is not a subscriber to any mailman mailing list that we
host.  Mail is *never* blocked because it is flagged as spam, and at most only
a single TMDA confirmation occurs per user.

We have the default seting of "ok_locals all" in place.  So this should cover
"ja".

If you see this problem again, please let me know, and please include the full
message, especially including the Subject and Message-ID headers so that I can
look at log files.

Thanks.

=================== BUG #1288: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: okuji                     Project: Savannah
Submitted on: 2002-Sep-28 00:35
Category:  Mail                         Severity:  9 - Blocker

Original Submission:  The mail server seems to start using SpamAssassin, and my
mail was blocked because of it.

In some mailing lists (i.e. gnu-devels-jp and pupa-staff),
we speak Japanese, as we know all of us understand it and
even prefer it to English. So SpamAssassin shouldn't say
that any mail is likely to be a SPAM, just because it is
written in Japanese.

However, SpamAssassin tagged my (non-SPAM) mail with this:

  *  2.4 -- BODY: Contains at least 3 dollar signs in a row
  *  3.0 -- BODY: message body is 50-75% uppercase

Clearly, this is bogus, because I didn't write any dollar
sign, and such a concept as "uppercase" doesn't exist in
Japanese.

Because I have been using SpamAssassin locally with no
problem, I think it's just a problem of the configuration.
In my configuration file, this line is included:

ok_locales ja

Since we always use Japanese, I expect all mails will be
blocked, as long as the current configuration is used.

Okuji

Follow-up Comments
*******************

Date: 2002-Oct-03 07:37             By: yeupou
Hum, I was thinking to another request.  Currently, someone is working on
moving mail.freesoftware.fsf.org mails to mail.nongnu.org, it could be the
origin of the problem.

Date: 2002-Oct-03 07:22             By: okuji
Hmm, I'm not sure what you mean. My problem is not only
about @gnu.org, right? So I sent a test mail to a mailing
list whose domain is mail.freesoftware.fsf.org, and the
mail wasn't delivered or blocked, just disappeared (or,
not delivered yet). Do you want me to only test mailing
lists for official GNU projects?

Okuji

Date: 2002-Oct-03 07:15             By: yeupou

Date: 2002-Oct-03 06:42             By: okuji
Besides the problem on Japanese, any mail to
mail.freesoftware.fsf.org seems not to be delivered at all.
I haven't received even CVS commit notices, which were
expected to be delivered more than 60 minutes ago.

Okuji

Date: 2002-Oct-03 06:05             By: yeupou
Does it work for you now ?

Date: 2002-Sep-28 05:38             By: yeupou
I followup your problem to system-hackers that handle the mailman installation.

CC list is empty

No files currently attached

For detailed info, follow this link:
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=1288&group_id=11