savannah-dev

[Savannah-dev] [Bug #1550] counter for next cron update

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [Bug #1550] counter for next cron update
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 16:07:25 -0400

=================== BUG #1550: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=1550&group_id=11

Changes by: Mathieu Roy <address@hidden>
Date: Wed 05/14/03 at 22:07 (Europe/Paris)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | None                      | Wont Fix
              Status | Open                      | Closed

I checked how it's done in SF original code. It's in fact purely theorical:
it's not updated according to real cron activity but according to theorical
cron activity.

It only calculates time between the next cronjob scheduled.  If the cronjob is
delayed, or modified, it should be remodified.

So it's not as good as I though. I was thinking about something saying that
"the last cronjob was at $this-time, you can expect the next at $this-time".

Also, since we added detailled information in the FAQ, we had only few
complaints about delays.

So I propose to close that bug because I think that even if we implement it
right now, it will be not really maintainable because there is plenty of
reasons to edit and adapt cronjobs on different Savannah installation.

What do not you think? I close the bug but everybody is free to reopen it if he
do not agree with me. This not an authoritative and definitive no :)

=================== BUG #1550: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: yeupou                  Project: Savannah
Submitted on: Tue 10/29/02 at 23:08
Category:  Database                   Severity:  1 - Enhancement

Original Submission:
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=101236&group_id=11

We planned to add a counter that informs user about the cron delay.

Follow-up Comments

Date: Wed 05/14/03 at 22:07         By: yeupou
[...]

CC list is empty

No files currently attached