savannah-dev

[Savannah-dev] [Bug #3196] "Submit" button needs a warning

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [Bug #3196] "Submit" button needs a warning
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 17:39:39 -0400

=================== BUG #3196: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=3196&group_id=11

Changes by: Mathieu Roy <address@hidden>
Date: Wed 05/14/03 at 23:39 (Europe/Paris)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
            Severity | 5 - Average               | 3 - Ordinary
            Priority | None                      | Normal
                  CC |                           | address@hidden

You can edit and customize messages printed on your bug tracker? Wouldn't do
the job?

Laurent, is there a system to avoid duplicate post (forum spamming was trendy
on the web, sometimes ago)? If not, do you think we can implement that and add
it to any forms on Savannah to avoid duplicate posts?

=================== BUG #3196: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: psmith                  Project: Savannah
Submitted on: Sat 04/12/03 at 00:38
Category:  Bug Tracker                Severity:  3 - Ordinary

Original Submission:  Please add a note next to the "SUBMIT" button on the
"Submit a bug" web page, that asks the user to only press the button one time
and not click it multiple times, even if it seems like nothing is happening.

About once a week or so I get two identical bugs, one right after the other,
because someone clicked "SUBMIT", then thought nothing was happening, so they
clicked it again.  Sometimes if the Internet is particularly slow I get 3 or
even 4 copies of the same bug!!

It's really, really annoying.

I can't say that anyone would actually read the text but maybe it would help
cut down on this silliness at least a little bit.

Thanks!

Follow-up Comments
*******************

Date: Wed 05/14/03 at 23:39         By: yeupou
You can edit and customize messages printed on your bug tracker? Wouldn't do
the job?

Laurent, is there a system to avoid duplicate post (forum spamming was trendy
on the web, sometimes ago)? If not, do you think we can implement that and add
it to any forms on Savannah to avoid duplicate posts?

CC List
*******

CC Address                          | Comment
address@hidden                  |

No files currently attached

For detailed info, follow this link:
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=3196&group_id=11