savannah-dev

[Savannah-dev] A thesis that may interest Savannah Community

From: Lorenzo De Tomasi
Subject: [Savannah-dev] A thesis that may interest Savannah Community
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 10:50:04 +0200

Here's the abstract of my thesis in Communication Design:

Sinapsi, a Democracy of persons and ideas

Many projects begin on the world wide web, but only a few reach their final
destination.  Many do not succeed, while others disperse themselves, wreck
and/or become lost.

Sinapsi is a service that borders between cyberspace and physical space.
This service would like to become the leader in guiding inter-creative
communities towards their goals while also guiding them on towards an area
of common ground where members can create and maintain strong relationships
amongst themselves.

Sinapsi is also a virtual place where people and ideas meet.  Above all this
service and place would like to evolve into a community of real people.
Sinapsi envisions its future as a real service and place that offers a free
subscription by association, a democracy within a democracy, all the while
following established guidelines and regulations that require the concepts
of sharing and respecting one another.

My thesis project consists of some guidelines for the creation of a
community that would facilitate contact and cooperation among persons with
similar goals to collaborate on common projects.   The main goal is to
stimulate diffusion of knowledge, thereby creating profitable connections
between persons and ideas with an ending result of active projects.  These
active projects will eventually form into real objects and shared resources.

I have particularly focused on, and applied, the following concepts:
borderline communities - persons meeting in the physical world and
internet-use used solely as a tool -, semantic web, web trust and dynamic
interfaces based on transitions.
I have paid particular attention to the social impact of design and the
ethical and social objectives of this project.
I have also proposed some suggestions using utopian and concrete ideas for a
new economy in the world of intellectual properties.

I think we have similar goals and, if you are interested in a collaboration,
we can start working on Sinapsi all together to create a new Gpl project
complementary to Savannah or to empower the existing Savannah.
If you have questions, ask freely.

I'm waiting for some feedback :)

Best regards
Lorenzo De Tomasi, Information Architect, Interface Designer and Visual
Designer
via Bellaria 6, 21018 Sesto Calende (Varese), Italia
phone: +39 (0)331 924649
mobile: +39 329 3941065; +39 333 8979304
e-mail: address@hidden; address@hidden
website: http://biografica.tzone.it
ICQ uin: 11313132
Yahoo! Instant Messenger id: tummait