savannah-dev

[Savannah-dev] [bugs #2117] removing orphans jobs from the database

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [bugs #2117] removing orphans jobs from the database
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:23:46 -0400

This mail is an automated notification from the bugs tracker
 of the project: Savane at Savannah.

[bugs #2117] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Mathieu Roy <address@hidden>
'Date:
                ven 16.07.2004 à 13:20 (Europe/Paris)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
              Status | Open                      | Closed

Savannah development, now renamed Savane, continues at
https://gna.org/p/savane

Bug reports should be submitted to the bug tracker where he
stands now at https://gna.org/bugs/?group=savane

[bugs #2117] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: Savane at Savannah
Submitted by: Nikodemus Siivola
On: ven 03.01.2003 à 01:49

Category:  System Backend
Severity:  1 - Enhancement
Fixed Release:
Affected release:

Original Submission:  Case: The Y Kernel project is in an intermediary status,
over, but not completely deleted. Job from this project
(title "kernel developer") is visible on the jobs page, but
cannot be accessed.

Similarly the old project page cannot be accessed, but does
not give a reasonable message, but complains of insufficent
groups access.

Apparently (?) this would apply to all similar cases as well.

IMHO the correct behaviour would be to

a) have a page that informs of the projects fate in place of
the old project page, since people link to these pages
from outside savannah anyways, and "quiet disappearances"
look a bit suspicious ... ;)

b) delete jobs listed by closed projects

The relevant urls are:
 * https://savannah.nongnu.org/people/viewjob.php?group_id=1794&job_id=70
 * https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/ykernel/
 * https://savannah.gnu.org/people/?category_id=1

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: sam 08.11.2003 à 10:10        By: yeupou
[unassign bug to open the door to contribution]

Date: dim 02.02.2003 à 13:08        By: yeupou
On the first point, it would be good to clean the database. Anyway, the jobs
for closed project are not listed

On your specific problem, "Deleted" task remains in the database. You are
right, content of deleted subprojects shouldn't appear on /my. But there is
maybe other reasons there. So I would like you to submit a bug report ,about
this point. Laurent Juillard will surely handle it, as he's very familiar with
task manager. This problem is different from the other, that's why it's better
to submit another report.
Finally, I reactivated the task manager, reactivated the subproject, searched
for task assigned to you, and then deleted tasks assigned to you. What do you
have now in /my.

Date: ven 31.01.2003 à 22:39        By: yeupou
Ricard, can you make sure that the 2 task are actually deleted? Reactivcate the
task manager, check, and then redeactivate it, thanks.

I think that asking for each request, bug, task submitted if each project have
still the feature activated would generate an extra usage of sys resources
pretty minor by comparison with the sys resources usage in itself. Don't you
agree?

If that's not it, please, fill a new bug report. (it's easier to track a bug
for each project.

About the bug issue: I checked the Y project kernel setting I found it he was
not in private.I found I checked this previously. Anyway, now Y Kernel seems
hidden, so...

About the "quiet disappearances", project will stay in intermediary state too
long. They'll be deleted. Message can be found in the savannah mailing list.
For now, that would be sufficient, no?

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=2117>

  Message sent via/by Savannah