[Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah IPs and DNS

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah IPs and DNS
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 23:40:44 +0100

Hi,

We would need 2 additional IPs to provide 'download.sv.gnu.org' and
'svn.sv.gnu.org' separately.
-  Is that possible?

Also, the DNS entries would need to consistency:
cvs.savannah.nongnu.org         A       199.232.41.69
cvs.sv.nongnu.org               CNAME   cvs.savannah.nongnu.org

arch.savannah.nongnu.org        A       199.232.41.71
arch.sv.nongnu.org              CNAME   arch.savannah.nongnu.org

download.savannah.gnu.org       A <new_ip1>
download.sv.gnu.org             CNAME download.savannah.gnu.org
download.savannah.nongnu.org    A <new_ip1>
download.sv.nongnu.org          CNAME download.savannah.nongnu.org

svn.savannah.gnu.org            A <new_ip2>
svn.sv.gnu.org                  CNAME svn.savannah.gnu.org
svn.savannah.nongnu.org         A <new_ip2>
svn.sv.nongnu.org               CNAME svn.savannah.nongnu.org

-  Maybe *.sv.[non]gnu.org can point to the matching
*.savannah.[non]gnu.org for simplication? We could also delegate
*.savannah|sv.gnu.org and nongnu.org to a DNS server on Savannah as we
mentioned a while ago.

(nongnu is not a direct alias to gnu, so that users do not consider
that services are perfectly symetrical - in some cases they might not
be.)

--
Sylvain