[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: new fronpage text

From: John Sullivan
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: new fronpage text
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 15:26:55 -0400

A few suggestions, stemming from the idea that the goal of this part of the
page is to explain to people why they should use Savannah rather than any of
the many other options for hosting.

  * The audience here is people who want to host their projects at Savannah, or
    hack on projects, not so much people looking for software to use. So I
    think the first paragraph should emphasize that hosting a project at
    Savannah is joining a community of people committed to free software.

  * I think it should aim to be very simple -- visitors initially don't really
    need to know about GUGs or the mailing lists.

  * Credit for the image can be given in another way, elsewhere.

  * We should list the current feature set that Savannah provides for hosted
    projects.

--
John Sullivan
Manager of Operations