[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Setting up Bzr hosting for Savannah

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Setting up Bzr hosting for Savannah
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 19:41:20 +0200

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 07:41:17AM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:
> Sylvain Beucler wrote:
>
>>   Rob, we meanwhile can dub you 'betatester' and instanciate a repo
>>   for Gnash right now, and we can also manually create sub/personnal
>>   repositories according to the layout we described earlier, on
>>   request.
>
>   Ok, our release of 0.8.3 went out, and we'd like to get off cvs. We're
> looking forward to being able to rename directories and files. We'll use
> the shared repository as we did with cvs. This would only need to be
> write accessible to existing members with access to to existing
> repository.
>
>   So is this going to force us to drop cvs instantly and switch to bzr,
> or will they be keep in sync for a week or so ?

Hi,

As far as I know there's no bidirectional gateway that allow CVS and
bzr to keep in sync (you can mirror CVS into a bzr branch, but you
can't merge bzr back to CVS).

You'll also need to convert the repository; I don't think there's a
standard way to do so, so you need to check how you want to convert
it, which branches you want to retain (one branch = one
sub-repository), etc.

I activated the bzr feature for the Gnash Savannah project.

I did some tests and apparently loggerhead (the web viewer) doesn't
like my gnash test repo very much and stalls easily. We can try again
once you have a converted repository, but maybe we'll have to wait for
its long awaited new version, as previously suggested.

--
Sylvain