[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: repo.or.cz <-> Savannah links exchange

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: repo.or.cz <-> Savannah links exchange
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 10:28:12 +0200

Hi,

> > Savannah and repo.or.cz both provide Git hosting and both release the
> > source code that runs the service.
> >
> > I a added a link to repo.or.cz from git.savannah.gnu.org for this
> > reason.
> >
> > I noticed there's a "competition" section in the about page in
> > repo.or.cz. Would you agree to make a link to Savannah as well?
>
>   unfortunately, I have removed that section just a few days ago since
> it was so awfully out-of-date; now I feel bad about not having a good
> place where to link at you :-) - either I could reintroduce the section,
> but it would inevitably fall out-of-date again, or I might just link to
> the http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/GitHosting wiki page (and you might do the
> same) - does that sound reasonable?

OK. This page has nice detailed information about Savannah.

I'll probably keep direct links to repo.or.cz/Gitorious/Tuxfamily as
they are the ones with published server-side code.

>   By the way, where can I see the source code of the gitweb you are
> using?

We're using vanilla gitweb from the official Git, actually.

Apparently that version begins to be outdated, doesn't it? For
example, a user recently suggested we use a cache for the start page
project list but that feature doesn't seem to be merged yet. Maybe
should we switch to repo.or.cz's version directly?

>   P.S.: Let us know at address@hidden if you miss any feature in
> gitweb or Git in general.

Will do!

>   P.P.S.: You have finally prompted me to drop the git+ from the git+ssh
> URLs on repo.or.cz gitweb. ;-)

Nice :)

--
Sylvain