[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: ssh logins to lists.gnu.org

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: ssh logins to lists.gnu.org
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 21:39:55 +0100

Hi,

Well, if we can access fencepost through SSH, why is it a problem to
access lists through SSH? :)

The fact the computer is old means brute force attack will take more
time, so I'm not sure I understand the problem. Do you mean the distro
is out of sync and you need a couple months to deal with an unsecure
setup?

(Btw, if you want to avoid SSH brute force you might want to have a
look at 'fail2ban' (which is incidentally installed at Savannah :)))

Cheers,

--
Sylvain