Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Savannah Mirror statistics

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Savannah Mirror statistics
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 16:41:54 -0500

    However I wonder if there are some end-user privacy issues in doing

Yes indeed.  I wouldn't want my static IP address exposed to the world
in logs saying what I downloaded and when.

Aside from personal preferences, as far as I know it's illegal in
England, at least, maybe all of the EU, to expose such personal
information.

So I suggest the logs be address-protected, password-protected, or
something-protected, so savannah can automatically retrieve them, but
the Internet-at-large can't.