Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] error installing savane-cleanup

From: Nicodemo Alvaro
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] error installing savane-cleanup
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 15:18:34 -0400

On 5/27/09, Davi Leal <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thomas Schwinge wrote:
>> >   rm -f ca.gmo && : -c --statistics -o ca.gmo ca.po
>>
>>                     ^ -- should be msgfmt
>>
>> Do you have gettext installed?
>
> Thanks for the hint!  The problem was due to I executed configure.sh before
> installing gettext.
>
> Just executing configure.sh again fixed the make problem. Thanks.

I think it would be a good to make sure you check you have the
dependencies in the REQUIREMENTS file.

The tricky part I think is to find those perl dependencies.

If your distribution has a utility to list which files are in which
package you can easily find out which packages you should install.

For example, String::Random will most likely have a file called String/Random.pm

Use your software distribution utility to find which package has that
folder and file.

http://packages.debian.org/search?suite=lenny&section=all&arch=any&searchon=contents&keywords=string%2Frandom.pm

You can check to make sure you have them by running this simple check,
in an executable file.

#!/usr/bin/perl

use use DBD::mysql;
use DBI;