Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah recovery TODO

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah recovery TODO
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 16:18:01 -0500

    - Decide if restore webcvs from May 27th or attempt to recover the
      last 2 days commits from www.gnu.org and www.nongnu.org;

Would it be possible to detect which webcvs's were modified after the
May 27 backup?  I'm thinking of something like a find-by-time(*) on the
live repos and just look for files which were modified.

I expect there are very few projects which had web changes in that short
span.  If we could explicitly tell the maintainers of them to deal with
their webcvs, that might end up taking considerably less time than a
heroic effort to detect and recover every project.

Just an idea.

Exception: speaking with my gnu webmaster hat on, it would be highly
desirable to bring the www CVS itself up to date.

Thanks,
Karl

(*) I'm sure most people here have their own methods for this, but just
in case it helps, here is my little script to output all files sorted by
mtime (also shows file size).

find "$@" -xdev -path /proc -prune -o -type f -printf "%T@ %k %p\n" \
| sort -nr \
          printf "%s %5d %s\n", strftime ("%Y%m%d.%H%M", T), k, $0}'