Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Port of Linux is free?

From: Sebastian Gerhardt
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Port of Linux is free?
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 22:04:39 +0100

Hi,

as far as I understand this, he means that the kernel has to be compiled
with a special option activated. He is only aware of one distributor who
ships a kernel which is configured with this option per default.

But every decent GNU/Linux distribution, including GnuSense, gives you
the means to compile your own kernel with this option. So in my opinion,
there is no problem here.

If he plans to distribute kernel patches from Savannah, we need to pay
attention whether they have the "any later clause", as this is often
forgotten when people write stuff for the GPLv2 only Linux.