Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Hosting Apache 2.0 JavaScript code

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Hosting Apache 2.0 JavaScript code
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 21:23:28 GMT

    There was a discussion some months ago about whether the "or any
    later" clause was mandatory or not.  I don't remember what happen that

It is definitely mandatory for GNU licenses (GPL, LGPL, FDL).

Should it be mandatory for the Apache license too?  I'm not sure that it
needs to be mandatory, although it should certainly be recommended.